Discovery Day Camp offers programming for campers ages 4-14. Enroll for 2-8 weeks, plus Pre-Camp and Post Camp. We can customize a program for your camper – choose your weeks!
Pioneers – Age: Pre-K (4 year olds)
- The Pioneers program is for campers who will be 4 years old before or during camp. Our Pioneers participate in the same activities as all campers, including Swimming twice each day. Activities are modified to be developmentally appropriate for preschool aged children. Campers work on group skills that will help them to develop while having fun by blending structured activities during the camp day.
- Pioneers may enroll for 3 or 5 days per week and choose between a Full Day or Shortened Day program. Three day-a-week Pioneers attend on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Shortened Day Pioneers are picked up by Carpool at 1pm daily (no Bus service).
Junior Camp – Ages: K-2nd grade
- The 5 day a week* Junior Camp program is an enriching experience for campers entering Kindergarten through 2nd grades. These campers participate in Swimming twice each day, Adventure (Climbing Wall, Low Ropes Course, Nature, and Team Initiatives), Creative and Performing Arts (Arts & Crafts, Ceramics, Cooking, Dance, Drama, and Music), Team and Individual Sports (Basketball, Flag Football, Gaga, Gymnastics, Lacrosse, Pilo Polo, Roofball, Soccer, Softball/T-ball, Tennis, Tetherball, and Volleyball), Special Events, and Interest Groups (campers pick an activity for one hour each week). The emphasis in all activities is having fun while learning new skills.
- *Kindergartners may enroll for 3 or 5 days per week. Three day-a-week Kindergartners attend on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.
Senior Camp – Ages: 3rd-6th grade
- Our exceptional 5 day a week Senior Camp program for campers entering 3rd through 6th grade is enhanced with three unique activities. First, during Archery campers learn the basics of shooting and range safety. Second is Biking, which emphasizes rules of the road, care and use of bike equipment, and group traveling. Bikers go to exciting destinations, where they use the Discovery fleet of mountain bikes for a fun outing. Finally, most weeks include an off grounds Field Trip such as horseback riding, boating, rock climbing, miniature golf, gymnastics, or skating. Archery, Biking, and Field Trips take place with close supervision in a safe setting. Senior Campers additionally participate in Senior Choice, a time each week when campers pick an activity for one hour. Swimming, Adventure, Creative and Performing Arts, Team and Individual Sports, and Special Events activities are modified to create an optimal experience.
Future Leaders – Ages: 7th-9th grade
- The Future Leaders Program, for 7th through 9th graders, gives tweens the opportunity to be leaders, participate in service, and have peer experiences. Campers spend two to three partial days each week helping at camp. They assist with a young group, help prepare for Special Events, or assist the Specialists at different activities. One to two days are spent participating in various service projects such as packing books to send overseas or visiting a senior center facility. The last day each week is spent on a Field Trip such as kayaking, attending a baseball game or going to the beach. The Future Leaders Program provides campers the opportunity to learn leadership skills and participate in a wide-range of activities.